10 Reasons Why News Organizations Should Use ‘Linked Data’
- Linked data can boost SEO (search engine optimization).
- Linked data allows others to link to your site more easily.
- It helps you build services based on your content.
- It enables other people to build services based on your content that you could profit from.
- It allows you to link direct to source.
- It helps journalists with their work.
- It throws bait over the pay wall.
- It makes data associated with your content dynamic.
- You could become a “canonical reference point.”
- It raises the bar for all.
“A web of linked data is a more intelligent web. A more mature and less superficial web. Not quite a semantic web, but getting there.”
Martin Moore of the Media Standards Trust